- Medical Conditions Aggravated by Long Term Exposure: This preparation should be used cautiously and sparingly in patients with cardiac disease, hypothyroidism or allergies
- Target Organs: Eyes, skin and central nervous system.
- Inhalation: Aspiration of the medication may produce irritation and hypersensitivity in some individuals
- Skin:May cause irritation, dermatitis and hypersensitivity in some individuals.
- Chronic Effects:Prolonged use may delay wound healing and is not recommended.
- Ingestion: May cause irritation and hypersensitivity in some individuals. Will produce a yellow or green discolouration to the mouth.
- Eye: May cause temporary stinging, burning and conjunctival redness.
- Ingestion:Wash out mouth and drink plenty of water and bland fluids. The use of an emetic drug and/or gastric lavage is advisable. Do not give anything to an unconscious person. Contact physician.
- Skin:Remove all contaminated clothing and wash skin with copious amounts of water for at least 20 minutes. Contact physician if skin becomes irritated.
- Inhalation:Remove person to fresh air, and if breathing stops, use artificial respiration. Contact physician.
- Eyes:Rinse immediately with copious amounts of water for at least 20 minutes. Contact a physician.
- Extinguishing Media:Dry chemical, carbon dioxide, halon, water spray or fog, and foam on surrounding materials.
- Hazardous Products: Emits toxic fumes, nitrogen oxides (NOx),
carbon monoxide (CO) and carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Fire Fighting Instructions: Wear self-contained breathing apparatus and protective clothing. Use water spray to keep fire-exposed containers cool. Do not spray water into the burning material.
Large/ Small Spills: Use personal protective equipment. Contain the spill to prevent drainage into sewers, drains or streams. Use absorbent material to solidify the spill. Shovel up solidified waste.
Handling & storage
- Handling: Avoid contact with product and use caution to prevent
puncturing containers. No special protective equipment or procedures
are required in the clinical or home environment.
- Storage: Store product upright in original containers with the cap tightly closed at a controlled room temperature 150-300 C (590- 860 F).